As seen on the TV series called Farm to Fork created in partnership with Rabobank, aired on Channel 10.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g skinless snapper fillets (can also use flathead or barramundi)
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- sea salt to taste
- 2 large eschalot, sliced (can use red onion if you can`t find)
- 2 red cayenne chilli, sliced into thin strips
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ½ bunch coriander
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- baby gem lettuce leaves to serve
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with salt and dust the fish all over in the flour.
- Shake off any excess flour and cook the fish for 2 - 3 minutes each side, or until crispy on the outside and cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and allow to cool slightly for 3 minutes before roughly breaking into large flakes.
- Make the dressing by placing the brown sugar and fish sauce into a small mixing bowl and use the back of a spoon to dissolve the sugar.
- Add in the lime juice, long chilli and birds eye chilli and mix well.
- Taste for balance and set aside.
- Place the eschalot, red chilli, mint and coriander, flaked fish and a few spoonfuls of the dressing into a large mixing bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Place the mixture onto a serving platter.
- Place the remaining dressing into a small dipping bowl. Garnish the salad with crushed cashews and serve with crisp lettuce leaves, extra herbs and lime wedges on the side.
A diverse range of food solutions
We have the experience, passion and flexibility to create food solutions tailored to your needs. Get in touch today to see how we can help.